Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Berner 47 posts 327 karma points
    Aug 24, 2018 @ 20:00
    Matthew Berner

I have used both TinyMce and Ckeditor, I have user wanting to use cKeditor instead:

Is there Macro Support? How would enable Media Picker or a Content Link Picker? Any help would be great Thanks Matthew Berner

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 27, 2018 @ 09:35
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Matthew,

There is a package for integrating ck editor : https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/uckeditor/

Haven't used it myself and it seems it's not actively maintained. But the source is available.

Why does your user want to use CK editor instead of tinyMce ?

Dave

Aug 27, 2018 @ 10:47
    Matthew Berner

Dave, We used with our last CMS and it was custom built and they liked using it. I looked at this morning. Ours was a custom CKeditor that was the ckeditor, a cshtml file, jquery file and angular file,

I have the one for Umbraco installed but I can not find how to upload media or find links in content.

Thanks Matthew Berner

Aug 27, 2018 @ 12:21
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Matthew

Like I said before I haven't tried it my self. And seeing it's not actively maintained for over 3 years it could be it does not work as expected.

What feature of ckEditor do you need that is not possible in tinyMce?

Dave

Aug 27, 2018 @ 15:06
    Matthew Berner

Dave TinyMCE is not an issue for me. Is there a way of adding css to images through TinyMCE, we were able to do it through Ckeditor. The editor would add the styles with the image instead of having to add in HTML. That was one of things they liked about it.

Thanks Matthew Berner

Aug 27, 2018 @ 15:14
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hey Matthew,

You can customize tinyMce a lot

Here is an article about implementing custom styles. There are several ways to do this, but this is my preferred one.

https://www.wiliam.com.au/wiliam-blog/adding-enhanced-styling-to-the-umbraco-tinymce-editor

Dave

Sep 25, 2018 @ 18:09
    Matthew Berner

Dave

Thank you for all your help. I have it working with a little extra effort Thanks Matthew Berner

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft