Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antoni Maniscalco 2 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 14, 2018 @ 13:45
    Antoni Maniscalco

Examine Indexes - Store an index in Azure

Hello everyone,

I've been facing a though problem that I cannot solve for several weeks now, that's why I'm going here to get some help.

Concretely, for an Umbraco website, I have two environments, let's say environment1.com and environment2.com, which are hosted on two separate machines on Azure.

environment1.com is the website used to visit the pages, and environment2.com is only used to go to the Umbraco backoffice. Of course, those 2 environments are linked to the same database.

I've got a custom, Examine index, that is used to search the site. Unfortunately, when I do a save & publish in the Umbraco backoffice in the environment 2, the index is not synchronized with the environment 1, so that the changes will not be displayed on the front-end environment. Currently, I have to manually rebuild the index in the first environment if I want the changes to be visible, and this is bad.

So, I am looking for a way to synchronize those two indexes, so that when I do a save & publish on the environment 2, the index is somehow updated also in environment 1.

Concretely, in my ExamineSettings.config, my index is defined this way :

<add name="CarsIndexer" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.SimpleDataIndexer, Examine"
        directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine"
        supportUnpublished="true"
        supportProtected="true"
                dataService="XXX.Website.XXX.Search.AssessmentIndexer, XXX.Website"
                analyzer="XXX.Website.Providers.NoStopWordsStandardAnalyzer, XXX.Website"
                indexTypes="CarType"
                runAsync="false" />

Is there a way to store one and only one index in Azure, so that the two environments would refer to this single index so that this problem won't occure anymore ?

Do not hesitate to ask me for more informations, and thank you very much in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft