Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 14:37
    Fernanda Bernardes

Translation Manager - Error in Submitted

Hi,

I´m testing the Package Translation Manager and when I click in "Submitted", the item indicate has 01 job. When I choose this job the following message is showed: Load Failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[TranslateJobNodes] WHERE JobId = 1' at line 1

My Umbraco is 7.8.1 and my database is MySQL .

Could anybody help me?

Thanks.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2018 @ 15:22
    Kevin Jump

Hi Fernanda,

We haven't tested Translation Manager against MySQL - So i am guessing that is where the issue lies.

The package was developed against MSSQL and SQLCE - we can take a look at MySQL issues but it might take us a while to work through.

Kevin

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Sep 21, 2018 @ 10:47
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi, Kevin!!

Yes, the problem is in MySQL, like Umbraco 7.8.1, that I did run a manual script when I migrated. I believe your correction is light because during installation ALL TABLE was created correctly. Unfortunately, all packages done to Umbraco didn't consider the MySQL, even though it is an Umbraco accepted this DB. It really is a loss for Umbraco itself. Do not you consider it ironic that Umbraco being free, we have to have only MSSQL as a DB alternative if we want to have access to the best packages that are made available by Umbraco itself, as is the case of its package? Functionally, we can not consider the SQLCE, given its limitations of simultaneous access. Anyway, if possible, I'd like you to take a look at the error to see how complex its correction is. I'll be happy to help. Thanks.

Sep 21, 2018 @ 10:58
    Kevin Jump

Hi Fernada,

Yes its out fault really, the majority of the code should be OK because we go through the core libraries that Umbraco provide that do cater for the different database types - I think there are just a few cases where we construct the SQL Queries manually, and they are the ones causing the problems.

It is something we are looking into now, and hopefully the next release will resolve the issue for mySQL.

Kevin

• Christina 127 posts 390 karma points notactivated
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 12:51
    Christina

Hi Kevin

Is there any plans to make it work for MySql in the near future?

Many Thanks!

Christina

Nov 20, 2018 @ 13:25
    Kevin Jump

Hi Christina,

yes we are working on the MySql support for the next release, we are probably looking for a release in december once we've iorned out the last few issues.

Kevin

• Christina 127 posts 390 karma points notactivated
    Nov 22, 2018 @ 09:26
    Christina

Many Thanks I'm looking forward to it/Christina

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft