Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• steschu 88 posts 489 karma points
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 14:05
    steschu

Hi,

In the Media Types folder there are by default three Media Types: File, Image, Folder.

You can create custom Media Types in that folder and inherit properties/tabs via 'Compositions' from other Media Types. That's clear.

But you can also click a Media Type, then click "create" - a new Media Type will be created as a child of it.

Can anybody tell me if there is a functionality behind that? It makes sense to me to be able to add a Media Type in a Folder that I created. But creating a Media Typ in another?

Cheers, Stephan

Oct 04, 2018 @ 13:51
    steschu

Can anybody help?

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 04, 2018 @ 22:39
    Paul Seal

Hi Stephen

I believe if you create a media type as a child of another, you will inherit all of the attributes of the parent media type, using inheritance like we used to do with document types.

Kind regards

Paul

Oct 05, 2018 @ 11:56
    steschu

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that makes sense, but here's something rotten.

When I create a document type under an existing type it indeed inherits all properties (obviously visible when you open it - you can see all props from the parent type marked as "inherited from Parent").

When I do the same with a media type, the child media type is completely empty, no props from he parent are displayed. When I upload a file as this media type there are also no props available.

So I think, either this is not implemented yet or it is a bug.

Kind regards, Stephan

Oct 05, 2018 @ 14:23
    steschu

addendum: I inspected the generated models .cs code file. Indeed the child media type is inherited from the parent, e.g.:

public partial class MYimage : Image

So I think, programmatically I can use the inherited properties, but in the backend there seems to be no possibility to set the inherited props.

Stephan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft