Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Yohannes 58 posts 188 karma points
    Oct 16, 2018 @ 11:40
    Simon Yohannes

user permissions granularity

with the relatively new user groups feature in umbraco, you can select either administrator, editors, sensitive data, translators and writers.

if i wanted to create a user who only has access to member section, i would need to make them an administrator as there's no way to give them access to just the member section. this isn't ideal.

in previous versions of umbraco you used to be able to specify which sections you wanted a user to have access to. why can you no longer do this?

thanks, Simon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 16, 2018 @ 12:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

You should still be able to do this - But the UI has changed a lot as you have already noticed.

What you need to do is to go to the "Users" section and create a new user group, which has access to the member section only.

When you have clicked the "Users" section you need to go to the "Groups" section, which you find in the upper right corner, next to the "Users" icon.

Now you can create a group, which you only allow to have access for the member section. Hit Save and now you can create a user and assign the user the "Member admin" group or whatever you have decided to call the group :-)

So what you're after is indeed possible but somtimes it's hard to notice the "Group" settings option because the UI has changed.

I hope this helps!

/Jan

• Simon Yohannes 58 posts 188 karma points
    Oct 16, 2018 @ 13:01
    Simon Yohannes

yeeeeeaaaas Jan, nice one!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft