Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gregory 38 posts 128 karma points
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 11:03
    Gregory

Custom Dashboard - Restrict to a single environment (Umbraco Cloud)

I am trying to make a custom Dashboard that allows my users to quickly add content or edit recently published items.

I am however using Umbraco Cloud and as such gathering content using ID isnt ideal. All my users only have access to a single environment (staging) to add content (it then goes through a workflow for validation) so using ID would is fine.

I do however want to be able to disable that custom dashboard on any environment but staging as it would not work since the IDs differ from one environment to another.

Is there any way to identify the current work space environment and limit a dashboard to a specific one? I know I can restrict access by user groups.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Marc Goodson 2123 posts 14214 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 03, 2018 @ 12:21
    Marc Goodson

Hi Gregory

The configuration for the dashboard placement exists in

/config/dashboard.config

so I'm wondering if you could concoct a config transform to remove the configuration from that file on the production environment, resulting in no dashboard.

Have a look at the documentation here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-Up/Config-Transforms/

at the bottom there is a suggestion for creating a dashboard config transform for an AcmeEnvironmentColor Dashboard:

~/config/AcmeEnvironmentColor.Dashboard.development.xdt.config ~/config/AcmeEnvironmentColor.Dashboard.staging.xdt.config ~/config/AcmeEnvironmentColor.Dashboard.live.xdt.config

• Gregory 38 posts 128 karma points
    Nov 09, 2018 @ 14:04
    Gregory

Thanks for that. Looks like I could work something here. :)

Great stuff!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft