Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jake williamson 207 posts 872 karma points
    Nov 07, 2018 @ 16:52
    jake williamson

is it possible to prevent a backoffice user from having multiple concurrent sessions?

hey out there,

i've had a request from a client to implement 'single active session' for the umbraco backoffice...

what they're after is stopping a back office user logging into multiple browsers at the same time e.g. the user logs into firefox, then logs in using chrome at which point they get logged out of firefox.

i believe it's a feature called 'preventing concurrent sessions' as outlined here http://geekswithblogs.net/Frez/articles/preventing-a-user-from-having-multiple-concurrent-sessions.aspx

i've had a dig around in the core and this doesn't appear to be supported out of the box?

however... i have looked in the [umbracoUser] and [umbracoUserLogin] tables and i'm wondering if a module could use data from these to figure out if the user is logged in somewhere else?

it's a tricky one... tbh i quite often log into the same umbraco instance from multiple browsers, especially when i'm editing content.

any comments (even if it's a simple 'no, you can't do this without hacking the core') would be great!

cheers,

jake

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft