Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AbsolutelyN 85 posts 433 karma points
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 14:26
    AbsolutelyN

How do you add a custom route for UmbracoAuthorizedApiController?

Hi

I'm trying to call/post to a UmbracoAuthorizedApiController from a custom backend control with the following signature.

public HttpResponseMessage VariantOptionsAreAvailable(int productId, int variantId, int[][] options) { .... return new HttpResponseMessage(HttpStatusCode.OK); }

When called I get a 404. I can't figure out how to create a custom route ... I get RouteTable does not exist in current context from custom ApplicationEventHandler class.

Using Umbraco 7.12.4

Never used WebApi so am obviously getting this wrong ... whats the best way to approach posting some data to a UmbracoAuthorizedApiController?

Any thoughts much appreciated - thank you.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 17:08
    Dan Diplo

Do you need to create a custom route? API controllers are automatically routed for you. See https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Routing/Authorized/

• AbsolutelyN 85 posts 433 karma points
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 17:30
    AbsolutelyN

That's a good point, I think I was assuming it must need a custom route as I just can't get it to call the api. UmbracoAuthorizedApiController works fine on other simpler methods.

If I change it to a surfaceController rather than a UmbracoAuthorizedApiController it just works perfectly (as below).

[HttpPost]
        public bool VariantOptionsAreAvailable(int productId, int variantId, int[][] options)
        {
            return ....
        }

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 21, 2018 @ 12:31
    Dan Diplo

So are you calling it using the following route:

/umbraco/backoffice/api/controllername/VariantOptionsAreAvailable

If I were you'd I'd try calling it without any parameters by both GET and then POST to determine if that works. Maybe help you narrow down the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft