Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Nov 24, 2018 @ 06:22
    Nigel Wilson

Customising Default Bootstrap Grid Template

Hi there

I have a site that has strips of content on its pages, but each strip can have a full width background colour or image.

Currently the site has been built as per the screenshot below whereby each "row" of page content is an actual node.

enter image description here

However this have proven somewhat cumbersome to manage and so am looking at alternatives to improve the Content Management User Experience.

One option is to update the default bootstrap grid template (/views/partials/grid/bootstrap.cshtml) and therefore use the row styling available for the grid row on a div wrapper so that I can achieve the desired page layout / styling. Within the div wrapper would then be the container / row divs as per standard bootstrap layout.

Firstly I am keen to hear from anyone who has done something similar, and how they got on.

Secondly, I would love to hear from other Umbracians with any other ideas they might have. So far I have tried nested content & content lists which are great options for smaller snippets of content, but not ideal should you be dealing with larger blocks of html based content.

Thanks

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft