Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jin 11 posts 91 karma points
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 13:20
    Jin

Umbraco api controller, attribute route with name and backoffice

Hi,

I am trying to use attribute routing with umbraco api controller. Everything works until i want to give my route a name, like so:

[RoutePrefix("api/sub/value")]
    public class ValueController : UmbracoApiController
    {

[Route(Name = "GetValues")]
        public FormattedContentResult<string> Get()
        {

return base.Content(HttpStatusCode.OK, "Content", new JsonMediaTypeFormatter());
        }
    }

The route works quite well, however, when i try to log in to backoffice i am met with this:

System.ArgumentException: A route named 'GetValues' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique.
    Parameter name: name
       at System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.Add(String name, RouteBase item)
       at System.Web.Http.WebHost.Routing.HostedHttpRouteCollection.Add(String name, IHttpRoute route)
       at System.Web.Http.Routing.AttributeRoutingMapper.AddGenerationHooksForSubRoutes(HttpRouteCollection routeTable, IEnumerable`1 entries)
       at System.Web.Http.Routing.AttributeRoutingMapper.<>c__DisplayClass2.<MapAttributeRoutes>b__0(HttpConfiguration config)
       at System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.ApplyControllerSettings(HttpControllerSettings settings, HttpConfiguration configuration)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor..ctor(HttpConfiguration configuration, String controllerName, Type controllerType)
       at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.<TryGetRootNodeFromControllerTree>d__5.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetRootForSingleAppTree>d__2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetApplicationTrees>d__0.MoveNext()<---

An example can be found here:

https://github.com/JannichIbsen/umbracoattributerouting

It doesnt matter what i name the route, it always fails in backoffice.

My question is, why is it double registered when i add the routename to me route attribute?

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 07, 2018 @ 09:27
    Frans de Jong

I don't think this kind of routing is permitted by default. You can specify a area and a controllername for the apicontroller:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Routing/WebApi/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft