Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 161 posts 322 karma points
    Dec 07, 2018 @ 13:10
    Tom

Umbraco 7.11.1 GatheringNode()

Hi:

I have installed CogWorks Cogworks.ExamineFileIndexer version 1.0.3 which allows me to index PDF and MS Office documents. As such I have set up my indexer as follows

And in my public class SearchEventHandler : IApplicationEventHandler class I have created event handlers var pdfIndexer = (UmbracoMediaFileIndexer)ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection[@"PDFIndexer"]; pdfIndexer.GatheringNodeData += HandlePDFGatheringNodeData; pdfIndexer.DocumentWriting += HandlePDFDocumentWriting;

But can anyone tell me why UmbracoContext.Current.ContentCache is null in the HandlePDFGatheringNodeData()?

And more importantly, how to get access to the content within any PDF, XLS, DOCX?
    As for me the only fields available are ID, nodeName, updateDate, writerName, path, nodeTypeAlias and parentID

Note: Oddly enough, during the HandlePDFDocumentWriting() I have access to 43 fields one of which is the FileTextContent. So when I used this event to add to my Index, Luke doesn't show it.

Thanks

Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft