Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Bekker Andersen 14 posts 103 karma points c-trib
    Jan 04, 2019 @ 10:04
    Christian Bekker Andersen

Trace log getting spammed by PublishedMediaCache

Hi

So we've got a site that spams umbraco trace log with the following warnings multiple times a second, that causes huge log files.

I've been searching a bit, but with no luck to explain why this might be.

Umbraco: 7.5.6

Anyone got any ideas?

Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Dropping property "_Deleted" because it does not belong to the content type.
    Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Dropping property "parentNodeName" because it does not belong to the content type.
    Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Dropping property "parentNodeTypeAlias" because it does not belong to the content type.

• trfletch 598 posts 604 karma points
    Nov 28, 2019 @ 12:27
    trfletch

Hi Christian,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?

I have the same problem on an Umbraco 7.5.4 website (large website with nearly 180,000 items in the index), the daily log files are over 3GB because of it.

I am also having other issues with the Examine indexes (items not updating correctly in the index) so this is making it difficult to search the log files for errors and I also want to be sure this is not actually part of the problem I am investigating.

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    Nov 28, 2019 @ 12:45
    Magnus Eriksson

You're talking about UmbracoTraceLog file? What log level do you have set in log4net.config?

Regards, Magnus

Nov 28, 2019 @ 12:56
    trfletch

Hi Magnus,

Are you referring to this part?

<logger name="NHibernate">
        <level value="WARN" />
      </logger>

Nov 28, 2019 @ 13:08
    Magnus Eriksson

This setting for development:

<root>
        <priority value="Debug"/>
        <appender-ref ref="AsynchronousLog4NetAppender" />
      </root>

Should in most cases be this in production:

<root>
        <priority value="WARN"/>
      </root>

Regards, Magnus

Nov 28, 2019 @ 14:09
    trfletch

Currently I have the following setting:

<root>
        <priority value="Info"/>
      </root>

However I am not sure that would help in this instance as all of these message are "WARN" anyway as follows:

2019-11-28 11:41:06,348 [P10412/D2/T66] WARN  Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Dropping property "articleDate" because it does not belong to the content type.
     2019-11-28 11:41:06,348 [P10412/D2/T66] WARN  Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Dropping property "heading" because it does not belong to the content type.
     2019-11-28 11:41:06,348 [P10412/D2/T66] WARN  Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Dropping property "headingFormatted" because it does not belong to the content type.

Nov 28, 2019 @ 14:21
    Magnus Eriksson

If you look at the warnings it seems as though there could be a mismatch between the content type model and what the user is entering in Umbraco backoffice (bit of a guess). For instance the property "articleDate" entered is not saved to the node "because it does not belong to the content type".

What models builder mode are you using?

BUT, if you just want to get rid of these in the log you could set level to "ERROR" (not recommended though as you really should fix the problem).

Regards, Magnus

Nov 28, 2019 @ 14:34
    trfletch

If you are referring to the following for models builder, you will see it is turned off, we had massive issues with the website intermittently going offline completely for no reason which we had to raise a support call with Microsoft about and it was narrowed down to a bug with the models builder (I think with this particular version of Umbraco) therefore the only solution (apart from upgrading which would take a very long time with such a complex site) was to turn models builder off completely:

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Enable" value="false" />
    <add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="PureLive" />

Just to clarify, I do not want to hide the issue, I would like to resolve it especially if it is having any adverse affect on the website and could potentially be related to the problems we are having rebuilding the index.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft