Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Costerton 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 10:15
    James Costerton

RichTextEditor Toolbar not updating / Adding Forecolor

I've been trying to add the ForeColor/TextColor tool to the RichTextEditor (Umbraco.TinyMCEv3) without success.

The site is Umbraco v.12.4 and I followed the examples below: https://wailaw.me/categories/umbraco-text-color-picker-rich-text-editor/ https://www.fastfwd.com/enable-textcolor-picker-umbraco/

I can see the ForeColor and [A] icon and enable it in dev/datatypes/edit RichTextEditor but the Forecolor tool doesn't appear in the toolbar.

If I deliberately break the tinyMCEConfig file then touch web.config, both the dev/datatype editor and content richtext control show an error so I know I'm editing the right files.

Even enabling/disabling other tools (eg. Embed) doesn't appear to update the Toolbar. I suspect the settings are being cached somewhere, or the displayed toolset is being pulled from somewhere else but I'm not sure where to look. I tried debug="true" in compilation, and bumping the clientDependency version.

If anyone has some suggestions, that'd be great.

Thanks James

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 24, 2019 @ 10:10
    Frans de Jong

Just to be shure. Did you apply the rte changes on the correct datatype? For instance if you want to change the RTE in grid layout you need to change the grid layout datatype.

The same goes for every RTE in the project. They all have their own buttonlayout.

• James Costerton 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 24, 2019 @ 11:34
    James Costerton

Thanks so much Frans. I wasn't aware of the individual button layouts. All working as expected now having reflected the changes on each one.

Jan 24, 2019 @ 12:05
    Frans de Jong

Great it's solved! It has happened to me to :P

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Jan 25, 2019 @ 21:22
    John Bergman

On a somewhat related question... anyone know how to set the background color up for TinyMCE?

Feb 05, 2019 @ 12:03
    Frans de Jong

I don't think that is a default feature of the rich text editor in Umbraco. I think you need to make your own implementation for that.

Are you using the RTE in a grid or standalone in a documenttype?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft