Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Payne 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 27, 2019 @ 04:06
    Jason Payne

Import RSS feed items into Umbraco content tree

I'm completely new to Umbraco and come from a .NET development background. So I'm looking for some help on getting me started on Umbraco.

I have two tasks...

Task 1

Create a custom dashboard in the Umbraco back office under the Content node which will display all items from any RSS feed I specify. So far, I've managed to create a simple dashboard that uses Razor to iterate through the XML nodes from the RSS feed and render some HTML.

But the task states to import all RSS items into the Umbraco content tree, and allow for re-imports.

So, do I have to programmatically add a node in the content tree for each RSS item using Razor, or must this be done in a custom controller via Content API for instance?

Task 2

The second task is to create a web page which shows the latest 5 RSS items from Umbraco’s imported RSS feed node. The page must include a button that will load 5 additional items from the RSS feed. This part must be done with using a custom Umbraco API controller.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated just to point me in the right direction.

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Jan 27, 2019 @ 10:57
    Sebastian Dammark

You might want look at the package called CMS Import (https://soetemansoftware.nl/cmsimport)

On the webpage it says that it imports RSS.

I think the free version handles 500 item per import.

• Jason Payne 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 27, 2019 @ 11:00
    Jason Payne

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I need to write this myself in code without using packages.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft