Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joshua Withee 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 15, 2019 @ 18:07
    Joshua Withee

Error when viewing Members section

Umbraco 7.12.4

I'm using an instance of AD LDS to authenticate backoffice users and members (both authenticate using the exact same AD LDS).

In Web.config:

<providers>
    <add name="BackofficeMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" attributeMapUsername="userPrincipalName" connectionUsername="[email protected]" connectionPassword="password" connectionProtection="None" />
    <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="8" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
    <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" attributeMapUsername="userPrincipalName" connectionUsername="[email protected]" connectionPassword="password" enableSearchMethods="true" connectionProtection="None"/>
    </providers>

I get this error when I navigate to the Members section in the backoffice:

System.NotSupportedException: The property 'LastActivityDate' is not supported by the Active Directory membership provider.

I have not been able to determine what's going on. My best guess at this point is that it has to do with using AD LDS instead of full AD?

• J Shaw 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 08, 2019 @ 17:27
    J Shaw

Hi, I am having the exact same problem .

Umbraco version 7.13.2

I have added the Membership provider "RB.ActiveDirectoryProviders.ActiveDirectoryUmbracoMembersMembershipProvider" and I am able to authenticate and login using LDAP.

My problem arises when I visit "/umbraco#/member/member/list/all-members" to view members. I get the following error:

Inner Exception
    System.NotSupportedException: The property 'LastActivityDate' is not supported by the Active Directory membership provider.

Any solutions?

Thanks, John

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft