Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2019 @ 12:32
    Steve Morgan

Umbraco Web API - Azure error on Filter Attribute

Hi,

I've picked up a solution on behalf of a charity and they've got an issue I just can't seem to get my head around.

They have a web API controller that has a decoration to use an actionFilter (it just sets a "cart" cookie on most calls).

public class CartWebApiFilterAttribute : ActionFilterAttribute {
            public override void OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext) {
                base.OnActionExecuted(actionExecutedContext);

var cookies = new List<CookieHeaderValue> {
                    new CookieHeaderValue(Constants.Cookies.CartId, Req.Cart.Id.ToString()) {
                        Expires = DateTimeOffset.UtcNow.AddDays(90),
                        HttpOnly = false,
                        Secure = Workspace.IsLive(),
                        Path = "/"
                    }
                };

actionExecutedContext.Response.Headers.AddCookies(cookies);
            }
        }

We're trying to deploy some updates and take Umbraco from V7.11.1 -> v7.12.4. The server is hosted on Azure - the site starts up great but any calls to the API with this decoration throw this error. I think it's some kind of DLL mismatch but I've tried my hardest to recreate this locally and can't (the API works fine locally on both IIS and IIS Express).

If I comment out this decoration it works fine.

<Error>
        <Message>An error has occurred.</Message>
        <ExceptionMessage>
        Method not found: 'System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage System.Web.Http.Filters.HttpActionExecutedContext.get_Response()'.
        </ExceptionMessage>
        <ExceptionType>System.MissingMethodException</ExceptionType>
        <StackTrace>
        at HA.Web.CartWebApiFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.OnActionExecutedAsync(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__3.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
        </StackTrace>
        </Error>

Anybody seen anything similar? Google searches have not been my friend today.

Steve

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2019 @ 17:43
    Steve Morgan

I think we've worked this out - seems that something in the System.Web.Http or System.Net.Http that was fixed in a Windows Update.

We were targetting .NET 4.6.2 and it worked locally fine - when we deployed it to the server we got the error above. No about of dll assembly references got us out of the hole.. finding a maintenance window and installing the last couple of months of updates sorted it straight away.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft