Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2019 @ 11:45
    Ismail Mayat

I have created a database on azure sql. I have updated firewall so that my local machine and dev server can hit the database. I have tested on both machines using the credentials using sql enterprise manager all connects fine.

When I use the same server details and credentials in my web.config it cannot connect i get error

"A connection string is configured but Umbraco cannot connect to the database"

I have tried recreating the db also deleting readding the login and user still no joy

Any ideas?

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 13, 2019 @ 11:52
    Matthew Wise

Out of the box but TLS versions? Is one of them enforcing TLS 1.2 for example and the other not responding over it etc.

Matt

Mar 13, 2019 @ 12:10
    Ismail Mayat

how would i check this? btw the connection string looks like

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=xxx.database.windows.net;database=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;MultipleActiveResultSets=true;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

xxx masking my real data

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 13, 2019 @ 12:15
    Matthew Wise

Looks like Azure should support tls 1.2 and umbraco uses that version by default since 7.14 and I think 8 does as well.

And both still support v 1.1 so that shouldnt be the cause unless the server configuration has removed it (requires registry edits)

Matt

Continues to scratch head

Mar 13, 2019 @ 13:41
    Ismail Mayat

ok solved. I had in db name - it should have been _ changed that and it now works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft