Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 22:35
    Matt Taylor

Confused about custom section and trees, angular js and webforms

In Umbraco v7.2.8 I want to create a custom section to display some reports.

The tree in the section would look like this:

> Reports
        Customer Orders
        Product Orders
        Product Stock

Reports is the root node which opens to show each report which can be selected.

The interface for each report would be different.

• Customer Orders would let the user select a member and then show their orders.
    • Product Orders would let the user select a product and display the orders.
    • Product stock would just list all products and their stock level.

All the examples that I have found on developing a custom section and tree involve the use of Angular JS views and controllers. That's fair enough, it's the latest way of doing it.

I've also come across a few older packages that are using webforms (aspx) and I can see that a lot of Umbraco section trees themselves use this.

I'm more familiar with webforms but I'm happy to try the new road.

The problem is that I want different functionality for each of the reports and from what I can understand I will only get one html view and controller for all three. i.e. /App_Plugins/MyReports/backoffice/reports/edit.html

I've seen packages that use webforms use different aspx files for each node so can I do the same with the Angular method?

It's all rather confusing to me at the moment.

Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way as I don't really need all the tree actions that are available for a node. I just want to display a report when the node is selected.

Thanks,

Matt

Mar 18, 2019 @ 12:34
    Matt Taylor

Does anyone have any helpful advice on this one?

Mar 28, 2019 @ 16:20
    Matt Taylor

This video about this package and its source code really helped me.

So my thanks goes to Warren.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft