Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Koen van Ras 56 posts 361 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 13:45
    Koen van Ras

Property type in content app and store data to custom db table

Hi, I'm trying to add a Media Picker to my content app html file and then store the data that is picked to my database. I need exactly the functionality of the media picker property type, so add a file, stores the path.. upload a file creates the file on the server and stores the path.. deleting the file from media shows that the file has been deleted/trashed.

How can I add this existing property type to my content app?

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 13:53
    Marcio Goularte

Koen,

Here's what the documentation says:

Content Apps are designed to be companions to the Content Item. They should enhance the editor's experience by enabling quick access to contextual information for the particular content item they are editing. Content Apps are not intended to be used for the editing content.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Extending/Content-Apps/#read-only

In my opinion it would be great if we could edit something in content apps. But I think this will not be possible without modifications in Core.

Mar 20, 2019 @ 13:55
    Koen van Ras

Hi Marcio,

Thanks for your reply, I have managed to create a content app where I can set content (inserted and fetched from a custom database table using NPoco). In fact the only thing I need now to finish my app, is add a Media Picker, I think this should work the same as a custom dashboard in Umbraco 7, but I don't know how this works and couldn't find any documentation about it.

Mar 20, 2019 @ 13:59
    Marcio Goularte

But saved in the database when you do a save and publish?? or did you create another submit button? This interests me because I'm creating something that has complementary information to the content in the database table. I am doing a custom section and doing something similar to what Merchello does to fill the content properties. It would be nice to be able to do this in content apps

Mar 20, 2019 @ 14:00
    Koen van Ras

I added a custom save button, will be posting my code on github soon, I'll send you a link once It's up.

Mar 20, 2019 @ 14:02
    Marcio Goularte

great!! tks!

Mar 20, 2019 @ 16:49
    Koen van Ras

I quickly created a GitHub repo, the package is not yet available on nuget, so I added some installation instructions.

If you experience any issues, please let me know!

https://github.com/koenvanras/ApparareManifestJson

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/apparare-manifest-json/

• Ulf Möllerström 69 posts 246 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 10:35
    Ulf Möllerström

Koen,

Thank you very, very much for this!!!

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft