Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giu 23 posts 141 karma points
    Mar 27, 2019 @ 17:47
    Giu

Azure local cache - Index deadlock

Hi,

I noticed a few days ago that my client website had an issue with the Examine index files while trying to get the cache:

System.IO.IOException: An unexpected network error occurred.
       at Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency)
       at Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles)
    at Umbraco.Core.Cache.DeepCloneRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles)
    at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetCacheValues(Int32 id, Func`2 func)
    at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetUmbracoMedia(Int32 id)
    at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetById(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, Int32 nodeId)
    at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache`1.GetById(Boolean preview, Int32 contentId)
    at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.TypedMedia(Int32 id)
    at ASP._Page_Views_Partials_Home_Carousel_cshtml.Execute() in d:\home\site\wwwroot\Views\Partials\Home\Carousel.cshtml:line 10

I was reading that it was some kind of deadlock ? The website is hosted on Azure (web apps) and we followed the guidelines to set up Examine for Azure.

The umbraco version is 7.3.8.

Some articles were mentioning the Azure Local cache, does anybody has feedback regarding this feature ?

Thanks,

Giuliano

• Ali Kazai 11 posts 82 karma points c-trib
    May 03, 2020 @ 15:04
    Ali Kazai

Hi i'm using Umbraco 7.13 on azure and i am now getting the same error messages and the website keeps going down any help. Thanks Ali

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Dec 04, 2020 @ 13:11
    Paul

Do you have the following set in your ExamineSettings.confg?

directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory,Examine"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft