Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mathias 47 posts 191 karma points
    Mar 28, 2019 @ 13:58
    Mathias

Unable to inject dialogService in angular controller

Hello there,

I'm building a custom grid editor and need to use the dialogService to open up, well, a dialog, so that the user can select something.

But I can't even inject it into my angular-controller, the assetsService works, and gives me no errors.

Whilst the dialogService gives me this:

Error: "[$injector:unpr] Unknown provider: dialogServiceProvider <- dialogService <- rexel.grid.contentcontroller
    https://errors.angularjs.org/1.7.5/$injector/unpr?p0=dialogServiceProvider%20%3C-%20dialogService%20%3C-%20rexel.grid.contentcontroller"
        Angular 28
     <div ng-if="control &amp;&amp; control.$editorPath" ng-include="control.$editorPath" class="umb-cell-{{control.editor.view}} ng-scope">

Is the dialogservice no longer in play with v8? I can still find on the API-docs: https://our.umbraco.com/apidocs/ui/#/api/umbraco.services.dialogService

On the docs it says:

To use, simply inject the dialogService into any controller that needs it, and make sure the umbraco.services module is accesible - which it should be by default.

But it gives me no instructions to make sure whether or not the umbraco.services module is accesible. But I assume that it is, since I can use the assetsService

Please, if anyone out there knows what's up, drop an reply!

// M

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Mar 28, 2019 @ 14:24
    seanrock

editorService

Mar 28, 2019 @ 14:28
    Mathias

horray for the answer. But I'm none the wiser as if this is the new replacement for the dialogService.

Don't get me wrong buddy, I'm glad for your reply.But maybe next time you should try to add a couple of more letters to be a bit more informative

Mar 29, 2019 @ 09:51
    Mathias

Whomever's responsible for the Backoffice API documentation pages really should update it so it says editorService instead of dialogService to minimize further confusion!

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 22:17
    organic

Did you have success replacing the dialogService with either the editorService or overlayService? I'm trying to upgrade a U7 propertyeditor to U8 and any tips would be appreciated.

• Bishwajit 28 posts 98 karma points
    May 03, 2023 @ 12:14
    Bishwajit

Hi All,

After replacing with "editorService", other components are working But one specific plugin throwing error. Please help.

After replacing dialogService with editorService on SingleDocTypeMultiNodeTreePicker.js file I am getting error

enter image description here

Thanks, Bishwajit

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft