Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mathias 47 posts 191 karma points
    Mar 29, 2019 @ 09:47
    Mathias

V8: Unable to open a simple dialog

I'm trying to open a simple dialog using the "editorService" injected into my angular controller.

$scope.openContentDialog = function () {
            editorService.open({
                template: "/app_plugins/rexelgrid/content/dialog.html",
                show: true
            });
    }

dialog.html

<div ng-controller="rexel.grid.contentdialogcontroller">
        <h1>Hello, world</h1>
    </div>

This is as basic of an example if I ever saw one, but yet, it doesn't work. When I attempt to open the dialog I can a blank sheet opening up instead and the following error is printed to the browser console:

Error: "[ngTransclude:orphan] Illegal use of ngTransclude directive in the template! No parent directive that requires a transclusion found. Element: <div ng-if="!model.view &amp;&amp; !model.animating" ng-transclude="" class="ng-scope">
    https://errors.angularjs.org/1.7.5/ngTransclude/orphan?p0=%3Cdiv%20ng-if%3D%22!model.view%20%26amp%3B%26amp%3B%20!model.animating%22%20ng-transclude%3D%22%22%20class%3D%22ng-scope%22%3E"
        Angular 12
        revealEditorContent http://localhost:54420/umbraco/js/umbraco.directives.js?cdv=136124549:5238
     <div ng-if="!model.view &amp;&amp; !model.animating" ng-transclude="" class="ng-scope">

Yeserday, I found out that the dialogService from previous versions of Umbraco is now called editorService (doesn't say so on the official doc pages). So I'm wondering, have they disabled the ability to open custom dialogs, or am I using the wrong thing?

Appreciate any help I could get.

// M

• seanrock 238 posts 459 karma points
    Mar 29, 2019 @ 13:35
    seanrock

try this. if you want a larger dialog, leave off the size param.

var editorOptions = {
                title: 'Search',
                view: 'path_to_your_dialog.html',
                size: 'small'
            };
            editorService.open(editorOptions);

• Gurumurthy 52 posts 125 karma points
    Sep 09, 2020 @ 10:43
    Gurumurthy

HI Mathias,

Do this got fixed, i am also facing the same issue..

Appreciate the help on this.

Thanks,

Gurumurthy J V

Sep 09, 2020 @ 11:42
    Mathias

Gurumurthy, try what Seanrock suggested above.
    This was so long ago that I don't remember how I got it to work

Sep 09, 2020 @ 12:08
    Gurumurthy

Yes, i tried that, now the dialog opens, but again still some more error on angular.copy()

$scope.settings = angular.copy($scope.dialogOptions.controlValue) || $scope.defaultSettings;

$scope.dialogOptions. is undefined, is this changed in v8 ?

Getting below console error TypeError: Cannot read property 'controlValue' of undefined

Sep 09, 2020 @ 12:21
    Mathias

you need to provide more of your code in order for me to try and help you

Sep 09, 2020 @ 13:10
    Gurumurthy

Let me brief here, i have upgraded from v7.15.2 to v8.6.4, and their are lot of custom app plugins written in older version, So as part of migration, this is not working.

$scope.settings = angular.copy($scope.dialogOptions.controlValue) || $scope.defaultSettings;

scope.dialogOptions coming as "undefined" in v8, but not in v7.. is this some ting changed in v8 ?

the dialogOptions some thing not available in $scope of v8 object ?

so, due to this, i am not able to view the custom properties in the dialog which is opened.

Sep 10, 2020 @ 05:52
    Mathias

If im not mistaken, the $scope object is just a public object on which you can attach other objects. So if dialogOptions is undefined, that means that it hasn't been added to the $scope object yet.

I am unfamiliar with what has changed from v7 to v8 in regards to $scope. So unfortunately I cannot help you.

I suggest you log the entire $scope object in your controller to see what it contains

Best of luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft