Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 13:59
    Tim

Open an Umbraco Overlay from TinyMCE Plugin

Does anyone know if it's possible to open an umbraco overlay from a TinyMce plugin button? I'm assuming it must be, as the link picker opens an overlay, however, I can't figure out how they're doing it in core.

Basically I'm trying to open the content picker overlay, rather than the dialog service one, as that has better UI for dealing with pages that are list containers.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated!

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 03, 2019 @ 15:16
    Tim

On further digging, it looks like the overlays in the RTE editor are done by having the various overlays in the RTE editor markup and then overriding the TinyMce click functions to open the overlays instead of the built in link pickers etc. So it looks like I'd either have to modify the core (not ideal for upgrades) or find some way of injecting the overlay into the RTE context somehow (and my Angular Fu is waaaay to weak to even begin to figure out how to do that).

I'm just going to have to stick to the dialogService for now I guess sadly. Not ideal, but it's for a fairly niche bit of functionality, so we'll just have to live with the compromise that users must search for the things they want to pick.

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Sep 07, 2021 @ 11:09
    Thomas

Trying to do this in Umbraco 8, Did you get it to work ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft