Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Watt 20 posts 121 karma points
    Apr 09, 2019 @ 16:03
    Andrew Watt

I can't figure out how to allow style tags in the RTE. I've tried allowing them in validElements. It doesn't seem to even get to that point. They are being stripped out somehow when I switch from code view back to editor view, before I try to save the page. Is there some basic setting I'm missing?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 09, 2019 @ 16:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Andrew

Did you try to add stylesheet file to RTE? Go to Developers section => Data Types => select RTE you use => enter image description here

in "Stylesheets" block choose the file you need to add to RTE

Thanks,

Alex

• Andrew Watt 20 posts 121 karma points
    Apr 09, 2019 @ 17:30
    Andrew Watt

Yes, we can add stylesheets. However we would like the ability to add style tags on a page by page basis if possible. We may have some landing pages on the site that have a very different look and feel.

• Corné Strijkert 80 posts 456 karma points c-trib
    Apr 09, 2019 @ 18:36
    Corné Strijkert

We accidentally had the same discussion today. We would like to embed some 'things' that contains styles, scripts and more.

I think you should search for another approach and not using RTE for this purposes. Rich content editors are mainly for textual editing.

Maybe you can add a property on you landing page content type that selects the right stylesheet? When you have a lot of different styles for RTE I think the default approach to add styles to RTE is not going to work well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft