Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MM 29 posts 125 karma points
    May 08, 2019 @ 13:52
    MM

I've got a fairly hefty Examine index setup in ExamineSettings.config - which normally has 400 fields with around 10000 entries at a time - as follows:

<add name="ExternalTestIndexer" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.SimpleDataIndexer, Examine" 
                 dataService="TestProj.Core.Services.Examine.TestIndexer, TestProj.Core"  
                 analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" 
                 directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory,Examine"
                 indexTypes="ExternalTest"/>

which is using a simple data indexer with GetAllData to take values from a SQL query and push them into my Examine index. When a user uploads a CSV (which is fairly large - around 7000 rows of data), this data is first written to SQL, then the IndexAll action is called afterward:

var indexer = ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection[IndexConstants.ExternalTestIndexer];
                indexer.IndexAll(IndexConstants.ExternalTestIndexType);

At this point, the index is repopulated correctly. However, afterwards the site becomes very slow, with page response times taking up to 1/2 minutes. There's no hardware bottlenecks, and eDTU usage in Azure hovers around 40%. Have done all instructions posted here and I'm still seeing this issue - is it due to the size of the index potentially? Or something else I'm missing? Thanks.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 08, 2019 @ 16:32
    Ismail Mayat

How often do users upload csvs basically how often is the indexing triggered?

• MM 29 posts 125 karma points
    May 08, 2019 @ 18:26
    MM

Hi Ismail, thanks for replying.

The plan is currently for the CSV to uploaded every 2-3 days

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft