Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Perry 11 posts 43 karma points
    May 15, 2019 @ 18:19
    Michael Perry

Using Grid with Stacked Content

I am trying to add some functionality to an existing Umbraco 7.8.1 site. I am using Stacked Content to create a "Page builder" with the four allowed Document Types to represent different page components. One of the allowed Doctypes has a single grid editor property and is used to display media (images, video and audio) in a grid layout. The grid has been configured with 5 row configurations and each grid cell only allows a single custom grid editor - a media picker that allows picking images as well as several a couple custom media types for audio and video).

Everything is working fantastically, including all the custom pieces. I am able to add items (including the custom "media grid") using Stacked Content and everything renders properly on both the front end and within the Stacked Content preview.

The issue I am encountering with this is when first adding one of a media grid components. I click the add icon in Stacked Content (step 1), pick the type of content to insert (step2), choose the Media Component (step3) and then pick the row configuration As soon as I pick the row configuration for the Grid, I get the "You have unsaved changes" warning (step4). I assume that this action is setting an isDirty property to true somewhere, but I am not sure how to prevent it. Please let me know if any additional information is necessary. Thanks in advance

Screenshots of steps 1-4

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2019 @ 15:36
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Michael,

I've been told that this issue is due to the markup used in the Grid's buttons. Basically the Grid doesn't like to be used within an overlay panel, and will attempt to close it as soon as a button is pressed.

(I had this raised as a bug in both Stacked Content and DocTypeGridEditor.)

There's a GitHub ticket that outlines the cause of this...

...and a patch has been submitted to Umbraco core here:

It looks like the "You have unsaved changes" warning is preventing the overlay from closing, in Stacked Content. (DTGE doesn't have that feature, which is why the overlay closes immediately with DTGE).

Afraid I don't have a workaround solution for this.

Cheers,
    - Lee

• Michael Perry 11 posts 43 karma points
    May 17, 2019 @ 15:56
    Michael Perry

Thank you Lee. This is very helpful. Keep up the good work!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft