Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco Beginner 10 posts 110 karma points
    May 22, 2019 @ 19:43
    Umbraco Beginner

Custom Dashboard Creation Error.

Hello Umbraco Experts, I am receiving error when trying to create a basic custom dashboard. I am following the instructions listed in the page https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Tutorials/Creating-a-Custom-Dashboard/ I am using umbraco V7.13.2. Please see error message in an attachment.

It works fine if I add a new html file in an existing folder in App_Plugins instead of creating a new folder and configuring the html in Dashboard.config. Can you please suggest if I am doing anything wrong.

Dashboard Config

enter image description here

Error

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 22, 2019 @ 22:14
    Marc Goodson

Hi Umbraco Beginner

Do you have a 'package.manifest' file in your /App_Plugins/CustomAdminDashboard folder?

and what is in your .html file?

Other tips when debugging custom dashboards is make sure the cache is cleared when you make a change, so open dev tools in Chrome, right click refresh and choose 'Empty Cache and hard reload'

The errors above are they absent? if you have no dashboard config referring to your html file at all... eg wondering if they are always there, or related to the adding of the config? and if so, is the dashboard.config ok, eg not missing a closing tag or anything.

regards

marc

May 24, 2019 @ 13:08
    Umbraco Beginner

Thank you Marc for your response. Yes, the folder contains package.manifest file but it doesnot content anything- just start and end Curly braces {}.

The html contents basic static content- simple text to test. I tried using different browser- still the same error.

If I comment the control tag in the dashboard.config file, it works but I see nothing in the dashboard except the tab- So, I can tell that the config file is correct.

May 24, 2019 @ 15:22
    Umbraco Beginner

This is so weird. For some reason, if the folder name contains word "Admin", it throws error. If I rename it to "Custom" or "Test", it works fine. I have no clue what is going on here....

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    May 24, 2019 @ 17:40
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Umbraco Beginner, I was able to create custom admin section without using package.manifest file.

1. Create CustomAdminDashboard folder under App_Plugins.
    2. Create customadmindashboard.html file under CustomAdminDashboard folder.
    3. Add new section to Dashboard.config file.
    4. Clear the browser cache.

To track the issue I suggest that you set debug=true and provide the console error output again.

Also do you have any other folders under App_Plugins ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft