Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aristotelis Pitaridis 84 posts 402 karma points
    Jun 07, 2019 @ 10:14
    Aristotelis Pitaridis

I try to implement sections and trees in Umbraco 8 but it seems that the API has changed and the old way of implementing them has changed. I managed to write all the C# code and my section and tree appears on the screen and it works as it is supposed to work. I have problem with the Angular controller in the view. The way that I used to implement the views in Umbraco 7 does not work. I get the following error message.

Error: [$controller:ctrlreg] The controller with the name 'StudentEditController' is not registered.

Is there an example of how to implement the Angular controller for my view in Umbraco 8?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 09, 2019 @ 16:12
    Marc Goodson

Hi Aristotelis

Have you had a look through this page?

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/extending/section-trees/trees#providing-functionality-in-your-tree-action-views

I'm wondering if you have a package.manifest file in the folder that contains your views that has reference to your Angular controllers?

{
        "javascript": [
        "~/App_Plugins/favouriteThings/favouriteThings.resource.js",
        "~/App_Plugins/favouriteThings/backoffice/favouriteThingsAlias/edit.controller.js",
        "~/App_Plugins/favouriteThings/backoffice/favouriteThingsAlias/delete.controller.js"
        ]
    }

if they aren't loaded then that might spark the error of them not being registered if they are referred to in your views?

regards

marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft