Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Hartley 8 posts 78 karma points
    Jul 26, 2019 @ 14:00
    Jonathan Hartley

How do I auto-expand a tree to a particular value on load?

Before getting started, I am brand new to Umbraco and this is my first post on the forum. Apologies in advance if I misstate something or don't fully understand how Umbraco works.

I am helping out with an already established Umbraco project in which we want to do something very specific with trees.

Specifically, we've added a custom item to the grid layout. Upon clicking that item in the grid layout, it opens a umb-overlay on the right side of the screen.

Within that umb-overlay, we have a tree (I'm not sure what the official name of the tree component is: umb-tree? contentpicker?), but basically, we want to set it up so that when the umb-overlay opens, the tree, which displays the exact same tree that's present on the left side of the screen when you click on the Content tab, opens up to a particular item about three levels deep in the tree, as opposed to the tree always being closed at the start and the user having to click, click, click to get to get to what they usually want.

Is there a way to do this? And again, I apologize if I am not using the correct terminology, etc. I'm more than happy to clarify what I'm trying to say in follow-up posts with code examples, etc. as need be.

Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft