Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Aug 13, 2019 @ 19:00
    Sebastian Dammark

Using Membership provider to add member authentication on external site

I have a client for whom I have moved their website from some custom hosting to Umbraco Cloud. The move of their website went smooth except one thing.

In the root of their hosting environment they have a folder named /Documentation (see Screendump1.png) which contains a static generated website. (see Screendump2.png)

In the /Documentation folder there is also a web.config that denies the anonymous user. (see Screendump3.png) If the current user is logged in as a member, the user has full access to this folder.

I have 2 problems with this setup: 1. To maintain the content of the /Documentation folder, the editor has to do it via KUDU. 2. One of the files is a ZIP file that takes up 5GB of space, and that is too much for Umbraco Cloud. The upload simply takes too long.

My thought was that it was possible to move the /Documentation folder to Azure Storage and then do something with a Membership Provider. But I've talked with a few developers, who says that wouldn't be a viable solution.

So my question is: Is there a solution I haven't thought of or know of ?

Any input is appreciated :)

Screendump 1 Screendump 2 Screendump 3

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft