Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• EV 36 posts 147 karma points
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 12:45
    EV

Node permissions in Members section

Hi, is there any way we can add node permissions for a certain user or a certain user group for the nodes in the Members section?

For example, we allow users from group 'Type 1' to only be able to CRUD members from the member type 'Member type 1'.

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 14:43
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi,

Are you referring here about User Section or Member Section of Umbraco?

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 18:05
    Tobias Klika

I fear that's not possible. You can only set granular permissions (in the user group) for the content tree.

Getting granular permissions to work for the members section seems like a not-too-easy task. If I had to do it I would probably override the HTML/Angular template for the user group edit view so I can add granular member group permissions there. For sure I could not save these permissions with the user group so I would store it somewhere else on save (custom table or a flat file in the project).

Next task would be to override the API controller which handles CRUD on the members section (MemberGroupsApiController and MembersApiController maybe?) and limit permissions based on your custom persisted data.

• EV 36 posts 147 karma points
    Sep 04, 2019 @ 06:42
    EV

Thank you both for replying. I was talking about the Member section. I too was thinking that it's not really possible without a lot of tweaks, so most likely we won't be trying it unless our customers really insist on it.

Thanks again!

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 04, 2019 @ 08:29
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi,

Another way will be is to keep that member sync with user. So we create few properties in member that is relevant for user and then in member save event make user sync.

This could be easier then copying everything.

Regards,

Shaishav

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft