Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mohammad Azeem 31 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 16, 2019 @ 12:43
    Mohammad Azeem

Use Umbraco Source Code for Web App

I would like to run Umbraco 8 CMS from source code rather than installing it from Nuget. I Hope that it will able me to add customize modules in BackOffice. I have downloaded the latest SourceCode from GitHub but failed to run it on Visual Studio 2019. Any suggestions please.

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 16, 2019 @ 14:30
    Nik

Hey Azeem,

Why do you want to run it from source? I'm curious as Umbraco is highly extensible including adding custom dashboards and modules into the back office. You can create custom sections and all sorts using the in built extension points.

As for issues regarding building the source, can you elaborate when you say it's failing to run?

Thanks

Nik

• Mohammad Azeem 31 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 17, 2019 @ 06:46
    Mohammad Azeem

Thanks Nik for replying

I want to use source code for continuous collaboration on the code to get fully customize CMS sections that will fulfill our organizations need. (use of Umbraco libraries after each recompile/rebuild in my VS solution).

if there is no need to run from source then for what purpose umbraco shares source code.?

Let me brief issues regarding build.

enter image description here

Secondnly, Umbraco.Web.UI projects results in browser. enter image description here

Can you guid me about steps that will able me to use umbraco source code. I also follow this link, but didn't succeed.

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Jun 28, 2021 @ 14:53
    Carlos Mosqueda

Bumping this, @Mohammad Azeem, did you ever get this working? If so, how and what steps did you take?

I want to run the project as well from source.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft