Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Mulcock 26 posts 48 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 15:40
    Graham Mulcock

Umbraco with SugarCRM, other sub-applications

I don't know if this is an Umbraco or SugarCRM issue, but I'm having trouble getting SugarCRM to work as a 'sub-app' in my Umbraco environment. I have Umbraco 4.0.6 installed as the root application in my Windows 2008 IIS /wwwroot folder, so its Web.Config is ruling my world....

I installed SugarCRM 5.0 into a sub-folder /wwwroot/sugarcrm, using the Web Platform Installer 2.0, and that all went fine. Among the installed files in that folder is a Web.Config file.

When I try to run any PHP script in the SugarCRM folder, I get an IIS error to the effect that the UrlRewriter module cannot be found (although it is in the wwwroot/bin folder and works OK with Umbraco). I've edited the SugarCRM Web.Config to exclude this module from <httpModules>, but I'm still getting the error.

I think the basic problem is that the Umbraco configuration is being inherited by SugarCRM, and this is causing conflicts. I have modified the Umbraco reserved path and directory parameters in the Umbraco Web.Config, to try and ensure that SugarCRM is excluded from Umbraco processing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated - my Umbraco is working great, and some .NET apps that I've added are also working fine. It's just this PHP app that's giving me a headache...

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 16:11
    Ismail Mayat

Graham,

You say I've edited the SugarCRM Web.Config to exclude this module from <httpModules> thought sugar crm was php and thus would not have web.config? Also did you exclude in umbraco web.config the sugarcrm root url?

Regards

Ismail

Jun 30, 2010 @ 16:26
    Graham Mulcock

Thanks, Ismail, for a swift response. Yes, I have changed Umbraco's web.config:

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="/config/splashes/booting.aspx,/install/default.aspx,/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,/btadmin/login.aspx,/sugarcrm/install.php,/sugarcrm/index.php" />
        <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco,/install/,/btadmin/,/sugarcrm/" />

Like you, I was puzzled that a web.config even exists in the SugarCRM folder, since it is a PHP application. However, there seem to be elements of it that rely on IIS, for example Web Services and SMTP processing. And it has its own URL re-writing logic, separate from UrlRewriter.

Frustrating...

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 17:09
    jaygreasley

This won't help with your immediate problem but it may be a solution. There is a .net port of SugarCRM called SplendidCRM which offers the same functionality.

I don't think it is in the WPI though so would be a manual install.

htt

Jay

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 17:27
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi,

did you create a virtual directory for the sugarCRM? I mean, is the directory marked as application in IIS? Does it have to be an application?

If so, it will try to load the parent's web.config, which results in your error.

Open up the web.config from the root and add this line:

<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">

right above the <system.web>

That might do the trick.

If it doesn't have to be an application, simply remove the application in IIS and the error should go away as well.

Peter

Jun 30, 2010 @ 17:57
    Graham Mulcock

Thanks Peter! Why didn't I think of that - I've had to do it before for other apps. Too close to the problem I guess... Just changing /sugarcrm from an application to a virtual directory did the trick. Didn't need the <location> fix.

Cheers,

Graham

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 19:02
    Peter Dijksterhuis

No problem :)

We've all been there, sometimes you're too focussed on 1 thing that a fresh pair of eyes can easily spot. Glad that was the solution and gets you on track again.

Peter

• Andrew 142 posts 98 karma points
    Nov 08, 2010 @ 09:24
    Andrew

Hi 

I have just tried the <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> for a 4.51. installation, and it causes a web.config error. Any ideas what the equivalent would be in 4.51?

I have am multitude of sub-applications running dotnet 2 underneath my dotnet 4 website. i was hoping the location trick would enable me to run them but unfortunately not. Any ideas what to do to prevent the sub applications from inheriting the umbraco web.config?

Andrew

• Andrew 142 posts 98 karma points
    Nov 08, 2010 @ 10:00
    Andrew

Nevermind....i wasnt closing the location 

• Amigo 243 posts 568 karma points
    Nov 18, 2010 @ 22:42
    Amigo

i have this problem too...

i wish to have .net webs as subfolders.

umbraco is installed in the root.

i tryed the <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">

But still the same problem, sub webs look for "UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" wich i part of the umbraco ...

did anyone find a solution to this?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2010 @ 23:00
    Tom Fulton

I've fixed this before by also wrapping the above <location> tag around both <system.web> and <system.webserver> (it didn't work just around <system.web>)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft