Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ahmad Ali 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 18:19
    Ahmad Ali

Cant get to Umbraco Installation Page

Hi Guys

I've recently downloaded Umbraco, but I'm having some difficulty in installing it. I'm attempting to install onto Windows 7 Professional localhost. I've followed the directions to the T from the http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-4-on-windows-vista/configure-umbraco site.

I getting the following error even though I have .Net 2, 3, 3.5 and 4 installed. As well as the Ajax extensions.

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification Unknown
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Config Error The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
    Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config

Hope you can help

Thanks, Ahmad

• Sajid Riaz 142 posts 165 karma points
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 18:29
    Sajid Riaz

is this first time you installing umbraco?  i.e. have you successfully installed before?

• Tom Madden 253 posts 455 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 19:46
    Tom Madden

Ahmad,

no promises, but check out this blog post, suggesting IIS configuration:
    http://blog.benday.com/archive/2010/05/19/23278.aspx

HTH
    Tom

• Matt Brailsford 4125 posts 22222 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 19:48
    Matt Brailsford

Are you using v4.5? One thing to note is that when creating a site in IIS, the app pool will use .NET 3.5 by default, you'll need to update it in IIS to tell it to use .NET 4.

Matt

• Ahmad Ali 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 20:12
    Ahmad Ali

Hi Guys

Thanks for the quick response. In answer to your questions

Sajid - Its the first time I'm installing the Umbraco.

Matt and Quixltd - I followed your advice and now am getting a different error message

Thanks!!

• Matt Brailsford 4125 posts 22222 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 20:16
    Matt Brailsford

Hmm, looks like someone else has a similar issue (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10115-Issues-installing-Umbraco-45?p=1) that they solved by re-registering .net 4 with iis, by running this command

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe –i

Matt

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 23:21
    arviman

I've been facing the same issue on one of my servers which alone runs IIS 7. The site worked on umbraco 4.0.x, but the upgrade to 4.5 causes this error, although my servers running IIS 6 have upgraded easily.

I tried removing the section from web.config, and it allowed me to run the installation wizard. I can also view the site but in the umbraco backend, the left pane is empty. I'm also unable to get any popup menus working, so I assume it's an AJAX issue. I had to revert to the web.config with the system.web.extensions tag.

I tried running the site in .net 4.0 Classic as well as Integrated mode but nothing happened. Re-registering .net 4 did not help either. Any help would be appreciated, I've been stuck with this for close to 3 days now.

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 02:01
    arviman

Removing the offending web.config suddenly brought back the umbraco backend to life. Glad it works now, but still not entirely sure why or if there might be any repurcussions later.

• Richard 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 16:59
    Richard

Did anyone solve this - I have the same problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft