Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 13:57
    Nikolas van Etten

Moving Umbraco 2.1.6 to Windows Web Server 2008 R2

I need to move an Umbraco 2.1.6 installation to a Windows Web Server 2008 R2 due to changes in hosting preferences from the customer.

Updating the site to a newer Umbraco version is going to be complex due to several modules incorportated with the system and the fact that the whole site is up for a complete rebuild this winter.

I get the following error when trying to access the site (after moving all files over):

Server Error in '/' Application.

Request is not available in this context

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request is not available in this context

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request is not available in this context]
    System.Web.HttpContext.get_Request() +11173096
    umbraco.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\data\umbraco\umbraco2.1\umbraco\presentation\Global.asax.cs:47

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +4170257
    System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +205
    System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +350
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +382

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11301302
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4338644

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927 

Anyone managed to do this successfully and could share some hints and tips?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 14:20
    Ismail Mayat

Nikolas,

What are the app pool settings under iis7 is it classic asp?

Regards

Ismail

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 14:30
    Nikolas van Etten

Ismail,

I thought I did set it to classic, but for some reason I managed to change the settings for the development site instead! Thanks for pinpointing it and having me double check! ;)

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft