Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 17:04
    John

Installing Umbraco 4.5 on Plesk in IIS6

Hello there,

I am wondering if anyone has been successful installing Umbraco on a Plesk based IIS6 machine?

Mine is a VPS, and I believe the issue I am having is with .NET4 as I have the following error;

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section system.web.extensions.

Source Error:

Line 152:
    Line 153: <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
    Line 154: <system.web.extensions>
    Line 155: <scripting>
    Line 156: <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />

I cannot seem to figure out how to get it .Net4 working (or maybe it is and there is some other issue)? I have followed the procedures here;

http://johan.driessen.se/archive/2010/04/13/getting-an-asp.net-4-application-to-work-on-iis6.aspx

On a side note, This is a new VPS, would you guys recommend I ditch it while I still can? Seems a whole lot easier not having to bother with plesk and all that crap? why do people use this junk? (or maybe I'm just grumpy) :)

Thank you kindly for any advice.

• John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 07, 2010 @ 11:00
    John

Well if anyone is searching and finds this. I have not been successful, Plesk just does not allow .Net4 to work. My hosting guys said that plesk are working on it but they don't give ETAs.

In the mean time I just decided to can Plesk and setting up my server Plesk free. Hopefully that'll solve the problem without creating any new ones (one can dream)

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 12:01
    Anders Brohäll

Still no luck with this?
    Im hoping to be able to use Plesk in a few weeks.

• Arash Sarfehjou 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 24, 2011 @ 09:54
    Arash Sarfehjou

Yeah I had that problem too

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Mar 24, 2011 @ 09:55
    Anders Brohäll

I just found out that my problem isn't a problem no more.
    My ISP just upgraded to Windows 2008 R2/IIS 7.5/.NET Framework 4.0.

Im all set!

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Mar 24, 2011 @ 10:04
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft