Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sabrina Cosolo 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 21:33
    Sabrina Cosolo

Errors installing umbraco on IIS 7.5 on a website different from the default

I'm trying to install umbraco 4.5 on my test machine, a WIndows Vista Enterprise 64 bit, with IIS 7.5, I've searched through the documentation and found the Install Umbraco 4 on vista book.

I don't want to install the cms on the default site, so I made a new website on my IIS, and followed the instructions to create the umbraco installation, but after all configurations I had two errors on the Web config, first in the AJAX configuration section, I've commented it out following some posts on the forum and I ve received another error:

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

The problems I think are related to the fact that the website tries to run the application on framework 2.0  instead than use the 4.0 I have already installed on the machine but that seems not being recognized...

I've searched through the new setup system in IIS 7.5 but due to my almost total ignorance about how it works I'm not able to find a place where to set the asp.net framework for the site to 4.0

Can someone enlight me? In IIS 6 it was all simple, just a window and many tabs, in 7.5 things are hidden in the belly of the new interface and I'm not able to find the simplest settings... :(((

Maybe I need to buy a good book on IIS but in the meantime if you have any idea... :D

thank you in advance

Sabrina

p.s I'm not using cassini because I need to made a real world test on the environment on which the real cms have to be installed.

thank you again

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 22:01
    Jeff Grine

Under application pools, basic settings. Just find the app pool for your site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft