Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 10, 2010 @ 17:19
    Steve Barnhouse

What is the installation procedure for v4.5?

The Web Platform Installer installs v4.0.4.2.  How do I install v4.5?

I'm trying to install v4.5 on my localhost.  There are two downloads available on Codeplex: the 4.5 binaries and the 4.5 web deploy.  Each of those downloads a zip file.

What is the difference between the two downloads?

What do I do with the files after I unzip them?

Thanks!

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2010 @ 18:40
    Morten Bock

I _think_ that the web deploy file is similar to the WebPI installer, but you need this http://www.iis.net/download/webdeploy to install it, since the 4.5 version is still not in the WebPI gallery.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 10, 2010 @ 18:51
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You can do a manual install from the binaries version quite simply. There's no change between the 4.0.x version and the 4.5 version. Check out my 6 minute screencast showing you exactly how I do this..

Jul 11, 2010 @ 05:48
    Steve Barnhouse

Thanks for the link to the screencast.

After I create the new web site in IIS Manager, when I try to visit it in my browser, I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "PageHandlerFactory-Integrated" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I'm running IIS 7.5 in Windows 7 Pro.  

Thanks.

Jul 11, 2010 @ 19:27
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Your applicatin pool should be running in integrated pipeline mode, clearly it is not at the moment. Also make sure that it's running .net 4.0.

Jul 11, 2010 @ 21:18
    Steve Barnhouse

My app pool is set to run Integrated Pipeline mode and .Net4.0 with NetworkService identity.  I also used the Edit Permissions dialog to add the app pool "IIS AppPool\UmbracoAppPool" and give it read and write permissions.

Changing the identity to ApplicationPoolIdentity does not make any difference.  

Changing the .Net framework to 2.0 gives me a different error. (Internal Server Error; The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.)

The following screenshots show my settings:

Jul 11, 2010 @ 21:24
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Okay, looks good so far, except for the security settings. Make sure to add NETWORK SERVICE, just give it modify rights and make sure that the rights are replaced on all child objects as well.

Also, I'm not sure why you called the directory "build", so just making sure that you download this release version from Codeplex (it's the first binary version on this page). So I hope you didn't download the whole source and built it yourself.

Jul 11, 2010 @ 22:11
    Steve Barnhouse

OK, I added NETWORK SERVICE and give it modify rights, and specified that child object permissions are replaced with this object's permissions.  Still the same error.

I did verify that I downloaded the correct Umbraco binaries.  That download is inside a directory called "build".  I just copied it directly.  I did not actually build any source.

I think maybe I should re-install .Net....  I have both Visual Studio 2008 with .Net 3.5sp1 and Visual Studio 2010 with .Net 4.0 installed on my machine.  Maybe the app pool is finding the wrong dll...

Jul 12, 2010 @ 01:47
    Steve Barnhouse

Fixed!

I had to register my asp.net installation.  Perhaps an old asp.net version was registered.  In any event, I ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i and that fixed my issue.

Here are the details, for anyone else who encounters the 500.21 - Internal Server Error...

1. Find your .Net Installation.  Mine is in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ 

2. Inside that folder is a utility app called aspnet_regiis.exe.  Running that app with the -i option will install this version of asp.net and update the IIS configuration at the root level to use this version.

3. Open a command prompt window as administrator.  (Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories and Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.)  CD to your .net directory and run aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft