Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rapaz 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 11, 2010 @ 20:31
    Rapaz

localhost takes me to IIS7 and not Umbraco

Hi everyone

I just completed the installation of Umbraco via the Microsoft Web Platform Installer however typing 'localhost' in the browser doesn't take me to the Umbraco setup screen. Instead, it takes me to a large logo of IIS7 (clicking the logo then goes the iis7 website).

I then followed this step from one of the guides regarding the IIS7 website configuration, which involves setting all the 'Network Service' security settings to Full Control. Strangely I was unable to complete the final step regarding the 'Application pool' because it doesn't exist under Behaviour on my PC.

Any ideas how I can get to the Umbraco setup screen and complete the setup once and for all? I would really appreciate any help.

Info:

I'm running Windows7 (64bit)

It appears that the 'Web Platform Installer' installed SQL 2008 R2.

Umbraco version - I don't know how to determine this (the 'Web Platform Installer' did it automatically)

Umbraco folder is found at the following path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 00:41
    Steve Barnhouse

Because your Umbraco folder is in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco, try going to "localhost/umbraco" in your browser.  The default iis website is typically installed in wwwroot which is what is served when you go to just localhost.

Also, I believe the Web Platform Installer installs Umbraco v4.0.  

• Rapaz 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:16
    Rapaz

Thanks for your reply. I managed to work it out in the end but wasn't able to edit my original post to an update.

As you suggested, I was pointing the browser to the incorrect address. It should have been localhost/umbraco.

Thanks for your help and the info regarding my version of Umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft