Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Holmsgaard 69 posts 106 karma points
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 12:58
    Peter Holmsgaard

Getting an error when upgrading to 450 on localhost

Hola..

I've just made a fresh install of Umbraco from the MS Web platform installer (not sure of the version).

First i downloaded the binaries from codeplex (http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/47241) and replaced the files from the old version. It's unzipped into the /wwwroot folder and I've made sure that the App pool is running ASP.NET 4.0.

When i launch the local host I get this: (And it doesn't look right :D)

Can anyone help?

Best regards,
    Peter

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 13:22
    Tim

That's the error you get if windows has blocked the JS files for the install. When you unzip the files, try using winzip or winrar instead of the windows zip features, as that is blocking al the JS files from the zip, which causes the problems you're screen grab is showing.

Hope that helps.

:)

Jul 12, 2010 @ 13:33
    Peter Holmsgaard

I've used WinRAR to unzip the Umbraco files and moved them into the wwwroot folder, but if you've got any other ideas, I'm listening :)

/ Peter

*Edit' ... just to see if it made any diffrence, I've now extracted the files directly into the /wwwroot - no luck..

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 13:55
    Tim

If you right click on one of the JS files in /umbraco/js/ in windows explorer and select properties, is there an unblock button at the bottom of the first property tab?

Jul 12, 2010 @ 14:01
    Peter Holmsgaard

Nope, no ulock button.. :|

Jul 12, 2010 @ 14:11
    Peter Holmsgaard

As I read from another thread regarding this issue (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/41-feedback/9897-All-trees-empty?p=2), I tried to reset the app pool aswell, no luck either..

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 14:49
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Peter,

did you give the account 'IIS AppPool\[ApplicationPoolName]' permissions on your files and folders? Did a fresh install of 4.5 on my Windows 7/.Net 4 machine today, had exactly the same problem and could fix it by giving my 'IIS AppPool\umbracoV45' pool full control at root level (this is obviously a test system).

Sascha

Jul 12, 2010 @ 14:59
    Peter Holmsgaard

Hi Sascha,

That does the trick, thx for the help, both of you.. :)

/Peter

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft