Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bhathiya Pathirana 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 08:14
    Bhathiya Pathirana

Application Error in installation

I've been following instructions to the letter on http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-30-on-windows-server-2003/introduction finally i tried to open it up, so i got follow error msg

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error 

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section system.web.extensions.

Source Error: 

Line 152:

Line 153:  <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->

Line 154:  <system.web.extensions>

Line 155:    <scripting>

Line 156:      <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 154 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

Please somebody help! 

• AN 22 posts 42 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 09:27
    AN

Have you installed ASP.NET AJAX from Microsoft to the webserver?

Jul 14, 2010 @ 11:06
    Bhathiya Pathirana

Yes i did but still get the same error

Jul 14, 2010 @ 19:21
    Bhathiya Pathirana

I repeated entire procedure again as it displays on http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-30-on-windows-server-2003/introduction and right now i'm getting a different error and it displays following page

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error 

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Child nodes not allowed.

Source Error: 

Line 141:    <compilers>

Line 142:      <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" warningLevel="4" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">

Line 143:        <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>

Line 144:        <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>

Line 145:      </compiler>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 143 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

When i'm going through the instructions it specifically says to download this the binaries for umbraco 3.0 but that link is dead so i downloaded umbraco_v4042 and used it instead and followed the rest but still i was unable to get this done.. please somebody help!!!

• webangelo 107 posts 190 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 19:42
    webangelo
    Bhathiya,
    First, you don't want to install Umbraco v3.0.  You should really install version 4.5, which is the default install from the umbraco site now.
    The original error you saw was because you were running umbraco 4.5 under .Net 2.0.  If you install Umbraco 4.5 and run the IIS site under an application pool which uses .Net 4.0, you should be fine.
    --Chris
  • Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 03:25
    Steve Barnhouse

Also, if you are reinstalling due to errors, then you should delete the SQL Server data base and create a fresh database before you reinstall.  That fixed a lot of similar problems for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft