Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Warren 48 posts 68 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 18:23
    Eric Warren

CSS ISSUES after clean install of 4.5

I just installed a clean version of 4.5.  When i try and navigate to the admin the css is all messed up.  I have installed this into a subfolder of the root directory.  Do i need to re upload the umbraco and umbraco_client folder?

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 18:47
    wolulcmit

might be an idea.... I think you need to install everything in the root folder, but I could be wrong.
    does 4.5 support virtual directories now, anyone?

Jul 14, 2010 @ 20:09
    Eric Warren

Yea,   I think that made that option available when they came out with 4.1 beta 2 http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/34775.  Any other thoughts?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 21:10
    Lee Kelleher

Hey Eric,

Not sure if its still an issue, but someone else had problems with the Client Dependency framework when using a Virtual Directory. (Umbraco v4.5 definitely support Virtual Directories!)

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/41-feedback/9910-ClientDependency-not-working-in-virtual-directory

I also ran into a problem with the file permissions on the "~\App_Data\ClientDependency" folder.  It had to set the IIS_USR to have write permissions. That could be a red-herring though.

There might be a way to disable Client Dependency, so you can rule out any other problems ... but I'm not sure how (yet).

Good luck, Lee.

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 03:22
    Steve Barnhouse

Did you try to install more than once?  When I installed, I messed up a few times, so I reinstalled, but I did not delete the SQL Server database.  That caused all kinds of weird errors with CSS and with the templates too.

If that's the case for you, try deleting your database, then reinstalling Umbraco.

Jul 15, 2010 @ 17:08
    Eric Warren

Yea there seems to be an error with the Dependency Handler.  Lee posted a link above.  Do you know if they have fixed that bug?

• Michael Lawrence 128 posts 200 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 20:18
    Michael Lawrence

Try to set the permissions for the IIS_IUSRS user to have read/write access. I had to do this and it fixed it for me.

Jul 15, 2010 @ 21:06
    Eric Warren

Michael,

Is this a folder or a file that i have to set the permission or is this a part of IIS Management?

Jul 15, 2010 @ 21:25
    Michael Lawrence

Just the folder permissions. The "Edit Permissions" dialog in IIS just launches the same dialog.

Jul 15, 2010 @ 21:46
    Eric Warren

Do you know where this folder would be located in the folder structure?  I’m looking but I’m not seeing it.  I may just be over looking it.

Jul 15, 2010 @ 22:11
    Michael Lawrence

Oh, the root folder Umbraco is installed in.  Just right click it, go to properies, select the security tab, click the edit button, then add the IIS_IUSRS user if it's not there.  Then just make sure it has read AND write permissions.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 10:18
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Eric, just double-checking, do you have the folders: "\App_Data\ClientDependency"?

If not, that might be part of the problem too.

Jul 19, 2010 @ 22:31
    Eric Warren

Yea the "\App_Data\ClientDependency" folder is there.  I was testing to see how Umbraco would run on godaddy being medium trust and all.  I’m not sure if it is godaddy or my installation of Umbraco.

Michael,

I don't think I have those options with godaddy.  I can only give write and read permissions that i am aware of.

Jul 19, 2010 @ 22:40
    Michael Lawrence

Try giving read/write permissions to the root directory of your Umbraco installation if you haven't already tried that.

Jul 19, 2010 @ 22:44
    Eric Warren

Yea I have tried that one to

Jul 19, 2010 @ 22:54
    Michael Lawrence

Did you make sure to edit your web.config file in the appSettings section?

<add key="umbracoUseMediumTrust" value="true" />

Jul 19, 2010 @ 23:00
    Eric Warren

Yea, Nothing happened.  Just making sure that is the main config in the root.  I saw a post that said that I have to uncomment <!-- <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" /> -->.  But when i did that It gave me an error.

Jul 19, 2010 @ 23:07
    Michael Lawrence

Hmm, sorry I haven't tried running it in medium trust yet. Maybe someone else has more experience with this out there?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft