Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Casalicchio 170 posts 709 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 20:59
    Carlos Casalicchio

Using Medium Trust on Shared Hosting account with version 4.5.0

I've installed umbraco 4.5.0 in a shared hosting account (godaddy) and everything works ok with medium trust except that when I create new pages or items I keep getting the error below. It still works about 90% of the time, but sometimes I have to recycle the application pool for umbraco to resume.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
       System.IO.Path.GetTempPath() +54
       Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory..cctor() +80

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4049

Any thoughts?

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 21:30
    Mike Chambers

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28080

I came across this earlier today as well...

• Carlos Casalicchio 170 posts 709 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 22:06
    Carlos Casalicchio

AHHHHH! Perfect!! 

It's working now!

Thanks Mike! U Da Man!

• Daniel 9 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 01:19
    Daniel

What do I need to change to run it under medium trust?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft