Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars F Hansen 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:35
    Lars F Hansen

Aliases must be unique error after upgrading - content not showing

I've upgraded a site from 4.0 to 4.5 and after the upgrade my main content area no longer shows the content properly. When i debug i get the following trace section:

umbracoInit Done handling request

umbracoPage   Element loaded: data

umbracoPage Aliases must be unique, an element with alias 'data' has already been loaded!

umbracoPage Pagedata loaded for Contacts (ID: 1070)

The same error occurs for every page.

My page types have no data fields with the alias data.

I user masterpages and the area in question is a body area that consist of only one page field command:

<umbraco:Item field="Text" runat="server"></umbraco:Item>

If i enter some text in this placeholder other than this command it shows but the content of the Text data field does not show up.

If i add a system field here (@writerName for instance) it will show up but no user defined fields show up. 

The same occurs in every other template i user umbraco:item to display content.

Other than that everything seems to work just fine.

Is this some bug related to the updated XML scheme? I tried to re-add the field using the wizard but it output the same tag syntax as for 4.0.

• Ted Jardine 98 posts 120 karma points
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 19:40
    Ted Jardine

I just had what I believe is the exact same problem, but between the time I read your post (hoping for an answer) and turning on trace to verify, I did the following (one of which appears to have solved the issue):

• Set <urlReplacing removeDoubleDashes="false"> back to <urlReplacing removeDoubleDashes="true"> in umbracoSettings.config
    • While there added two character replacements that had been there before, but I had mistakenly overwritten (e
            c). This could have nothing to do with anything, but I know for a fact that there are multiple page URLs with these characters replaced.
    • Turned trace and umbraco debugging on (subsequently turned back off after problem was resolved)

Now everything works on the first request.

And to reiterate the problem prior to getting it to work:

• IIS 7.0 with static and dynamic compression enabled.
    • Upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.5.1
    • Worked through the "content nodes now showing" issue.
    • After finally getting my XSLTs to function (wouldn't work in legacy mode either), now pages (only on the first request, with or with browser cache cleaned out) showed no content from user added content type (as described in your request above).
    • Republishing the entire site or individual pages made no difference.
    • Hitting ctrl-f5 or f5 caused the content to show up from that point on *in that browser only*. 

Very weird problem that could have been extremely exasperating if I hadn't somehow got it working (and hopefully it does not reappear - will continue to test before making live).

EDIT: Corrected versions updated to and from.

• Ted Jardine 98 posts 120 karma points
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 19:41
    Ted Jardine

Oh, and running it under ASP.NET 4.0.

And where'd the ul bullets go?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft