Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars F Hansen 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:35
    Lars F Hansen

Aliases must be unique error after upgrading - content not showing

I've upgraded a site from 4.0 to 4.5 and after the upgrade my main content area no longer shows the content properly. When i debug i get the following trace section:

umbracoInit Done handling request

umbracoPage   Element loaded: data

umbracoPage Aliases must be unique, an element with alias 'data' has already been loaded!

umbracoPage Pagedata loaded for Contacts (ID: 1070)

The same error occurs for every page.

My page types have no data fields with the alias data.

I user masterpages and the area in question is a body area that consist of only one page field command:

<umbraco:Item field="Text" runat="server"></umbraco:Item>

If i enter some text in this placeholder other than this command it shows but the content of the Text data field does not show up.

If i add a system field here (@writerName for instance) it will show up but no user defined fields show up. 

The same occurs in every other template i user umbraco:item to display content.

Other than that everything seems to work just fine.

Is this some bug related to the updated XML scheme? I tried to re-add the field using the wizard but it output the same tag syntax as for 4.0.

• Arjan H. 226 posts 463 karma points c-trib
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 23:36
    Arjan H.

I was dealing with the same issue. Content wasn't being displayed on first page load. When I refreshed the page the content would load just fine. I deleted the /data/umbraco.config file and that seems to have fixed the problem. The new location for the umbraco.config in version 4.5.x is ~/App_Data/umbraco.config.

• lingjing 28 posts 45 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 02:42
    lingjing

I got same issue. After I upgraded from 4.0.4.2 to 4.5.1. I have blank page in IE 8. I republished all content and deleted the /data/umbraco.config but does not work. anyone has idea how to fix it?

• Lars F Hansen 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 03:24
    Lars F Hansen

I ended up deleting a bit more than that in the data directory. I deleted the _systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete as well as the umbraco.config file(i didn't try one by one). This was what fixed it for me in the end.

• Arjan H. 226 posts 463 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 00:30
    Arjan H.

Yeah, I ended up deleting everyting in the /data folder too, but for me deleting just the /data/umbraco.config fixed the error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft