Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthias S. 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 18, 2010 @ 21:44
    Matthias S.

Backoffice broken in version 4.5?

Hi,

I'm new to Umbraco and to cms on .net generally ;-)

I decided to use umbraco instead of dotnetnuke because umbraco is more open source oriented and apparently has the better community ;-)

I downloaded the v4.5 binaries from the website and extracted the archive to a new website directory on IIS6 running on win2k3. I completed the wizard without having any troubles and all data seemed to have been installed successfully (I got no error what so ever).

When I switch to the backoffice (I believe that's the name for the admin console?) I just have a tree control on the left side, but the "Sections" section on the button left is empty (I saw some screenshots on google and there should be some options ...). Addtionally some of the addons I have installed through runway seem to be broken - like the gallery which can't be modified ...

I'm not able to install one of the logging addons as I can't get to the install section in the backoffice (without taking a deeper look in the source code etc.). Therefore I just wanted to know if any of you has experienced problems like I have and if this is a problem with the setup or I just screwed something up while installing. (BTW: I installed it manually about 5 times now just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong and I was not able to install it through MS - they reported some error ...)

Thans for the help in advance!

Greetz

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 18, 2010 @ 21:58
    Rich Green

This will more than likely solve your issue http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/41-feedback/10732-Fresh-45-Install-No-Trees

Rich

Jul 18, 2010 @ 22:00
    Matthias S.

Wow,

the things I've read about the community are really more than true, I haven't expected an answer that fast!

Thanks for the reply! (I somehow missed it while searching the forum)

Greetz

Jul 19, 2010 @ 01:15
    Matthias S.

Hi,

it turned out that the link rich referred to earlier didn't solve my problem after all. I read that the zip archive must be trusted (and not locked) before extracting if you use the windows explorer built in zip utility (this already is mentioned on the download page). As I am using Winrar this did not solve my problem.

After a lot of connection analyzing I found out that DependencyHandler.axd created absolute links for the stylesheet the page uses. This should not pose a problem - normally - but I have a pretty odd test environment I guess. The web server my installation is running on has also an ISA server installed which forwards the requests to the website - which is running on another port than port 80. The absolute address which was written to the css used the port which the website was really running on. The link translation built in ISA server did not explicitly change the url in the script and therefore the url to the images for the backoffice couldn't be loaded which caused a lot of problems ...

After discovering the problem the solution was pretty obvious: Just add the link translation in ISA server and everything should be fine. I hope this helps anyone who experiences similiar problems.

Greetz

• peterc 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 10:30
    peterc

I think i'm having the same problem. The Umbraco install is on a win2k3 iis 6 server. It is running on port 8080. Umbraco (4.5.2) itself seems to be working fine, but Tiny Mce for example, is not.

Umbraco is very very slow when i want to edit a page that uses Tiny Mce, most probably because Tiny Mce is looking for http://mywebsite:8080/umbraco_client/tinymce3/plugins/skins/insMacro.gif, which is not working.

If TinyMce would leave the port out of it, like: http://mywebsite/umbraco_client/tinymce3/plugins/skins/insMacro.gif, it would probably work.

Does anyone have an idea to get this to work?

Thanks in advance!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft