Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• T Koelemeij 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 18, 2010 @ 22:30
    T Koelemeij

Empty tree nodes using UNC path (DFS) (Local working)

Guys,

I have 2 webservers (IIS 7 Shared Config) and 2 file server (DFS Replication).
    The sites that i have running are on full trust with installed .NET 2.0 and 3.5 SP1, DFS path is domain based (\\INTERN.LAN\Webfarm\Websites\*).

For this to work i had to downloaded .NET 2.0 SDK and in the configuration manager created a new code group with full trust permissions to the url file:////\\intern.lan\webfarm\*
    Thats working!

Since Umbraco 4.5 for best practices running on .NET 4.0 I installed the framework and (first unblocked the zip file) then copied alle files to the destination. After install the tree nodes are empty! Installation from the local C drive is working fine.

.NET 4.0 doesn`t use the code groups from .NET 2.0 configuration as .NET 3.5 did.
    Does anybode know howto allow full trust on earlier given URL?

I`ts not really my cup of tee, msdn gave me some directions...

Thanks

• T Koelemeij 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 21, 2010 @ 11:38
    T Koelemeij

After entering multiple exceptions in CASPOL of .NET 4.0 I noticed that caspol is disabled by default and the security model totally redisgned.

I can`t find any logging which shows an error, copying files between remote and local and directing the IIS website to the new location makes it working locally but not on a share. Looks like the dll files are blocked under security issues which causes the same result as extracting the zip before unblocking it, same dll`s are not copied.

Does anyone ran in to this same problem or has some knowledge of the new security model in .NET 4.0

• Richard van der Meel 13 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 01, 2010 @ 08:22
    Richard van der Meel

Hey,

I also ran into this problem. Did you find a solution?
    Please let me know!

Thanks!

• Deron Johnson 83 posts 114 karma points
    Apr 25, 2011 @ 19:50
    Deron Johnson

Does anyone have any current feedback on this?  This is pretty much how we are attempting to set ours up and trying to reduce headaches as much as possible.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft