Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 14:21
    Stephen

Upgrade to 4.5

I'm finding instruction a little thin on the ground for the upgrade path to 4.5 from 4.

After the downloading the files and unraring do i copy all the folders accross and run the install again?  I no longer seem to have the correct permission on the web.config

The install page does not look correct, like the css is not there...any suggestions?  I would seem i completely messed up this install/upgrade.

What my install page looks like

I have followedthe link below but still nothing.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/about/roadmap/umbraco-45/upgrading-to-umbraco-45

Cheers,

Stephen

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 14:38
    Stephen

Update: a restart of IIS seems to have sorted the install issue...i have now completed the process but now i can't seem to login, I have checked my username and password against the Database and all seems correct but no login??

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 14:43
    Stefan Kip

That's because 4.5 uses hashed passwords instead of clear, and the password is stored clear in the DB...

Read this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset?p=1#comment18539

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jul 24, 2010 @ 14:43
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Stephen,

in addition to that make sure that the IIS AppPool\[your-app-pool-name] user has the required permissions on the usual folders, in IIS 7 it replaces the NETWORK SERVICE account with regard to file access. The CSS issues from your image above are due to those permissions.

All the best,

Sascha

• Gal Nitzan 50 posts 164 karma points
    Jul 24, 2010 @ 21:05
    Gal Nitzan

A few pointers from my upgrade experience.

1. Backup your umbraco database before you do anything else!!!

2. Make a copy of your Current www folder just in case you deleted that connection string from the new web.config :).

3. If you install from the binaries ZIP like I did the following steps will might be helpfull to you:

a. make a backup of your umbraco db.

b. make a copy of your umbraco site. (if located in inetpub/wwwroot than create a copy inetpub/umbraco-4).

c. delete all files from wwwroot

d. extract v450.zip to some temp folder

e. copy all content of the temp/build/* folder into wwwroot/

f. open your old web.config and your new web.config, copy your connection string, mail setting to new web.config

g. copy from backup the content of the following folders to the same folders in the new installation:

css,data,scripts,masterpages,media,usercontrols,xslt and any other folder you created yourself.

copy from old config folder the file xsltExtensions.config to the new config folder

h. If you just install VS 2010 or .Net V4, than you probably running IIS with application default pool which is still version 2. Change it to Ver 4.

i. restart you IIS

start the upgrade at /yourserver/install/ and follow the instruction (actually it will be only the next button).

Good luck :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft