Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 12:43
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Umbraco 4.5.1 Table 'myDbName.CMSPREVIEWXML' doesn't exist

Hi fellow Umbraco users,

I've just upgraded my umbraco 4.0.x to the new version 4.5.1 and everything went smooth as expected. However, when I try to publish my site I get the following error:

Table 'myDbName.CMSPREVIEWXML' doesn't exist

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'myDbName.CMSPREVIEWXML' doesn't exist

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Table 'myDbName.CMSPREVIEWXML' doesn't exist]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +238
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) +60
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() +50
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +565
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +923
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() +61
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(MySqlConnection connection, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +125
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +80
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) +57
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteScalar(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +161

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteScalar]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteScalar(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +345
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.PreviewExists(Guid versionId) +326
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.SavePreviewXml(XmlNode x, Guid versionId) +78
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.SaveXmlPreview(XmlDocument xd) +98
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Save() +186
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Save(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2193
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.saveClick(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +453
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +48
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +120
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

As you can see, I'm using MySQL and the site is hosted at unoeuro. 

Does anyone know of a solution to this? 

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Bo

Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:12
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

So far so good, I've tried to create the missing table in the database myself. While it seems to actually work, there's some trouble with the fact that MySQL can't have a clustered primary key which makes Umbraco try to insert records that already exists in the database.

Anyone got a workaround?

• webangelo 107 posts 190 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:39
    webangelo

I don't know if this will help or not, but back when I was test Umbraco 4.1 beta II had to create that table myself as well.  I used the code mentioned on my blog, which seemed to work for me, including a clustered primary key.

http://deeper.webangelo.net/2010/5/28/implemented-umbraco-41-beta-ii-in-mysql.aspx

Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:57
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Thats just perfect, webanglo! Just what I needed! :) Deleted the table I made myself and ran your script and it works right out of the box. Thanks a lot!

Now my only trouble is, that my xslt macros are not working.. Seems like it can be a little steep updating from an old version of umbraco to a new one ;)

• webangelo 107 posts 190 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:24
    webangelo

Great I'm glad it worked.  On the macros, you can set the UseLegacyXMLSchema setting in your umbraco.config, but I would only recommend doing that if you don't want to use the new XML structure in the future.  The better option would be to update your macro's to use the new schema.  Did you look at these two pages?

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/about/roadmap/umbraco-45/upgrading-to-umbraco-45

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/xslt/45-xml-schema/xslt-examples-updated-to-new-schema

• Fredrik Esseen 610 posts 906 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 08:55
    Fredrik Esseen

I also noticed the problem with the missing table when upgrading a site.. shouldn't this be included in the 4.5.1 if this has been a known problem for everyone with MySQL..? Little strange that this was not fixed in the update.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft