Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tomasz Liptak 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 23:34
    Tomasz Liptak

Database not found error while Upgrading from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1

I'm trying to upgrade my umbraco instalation from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1. I pass the same connection string as in earlier version but i receive fallowing error:

----Database not found! Please check that the information in the "connection string" of the ?web.config? file is correct.

To proceed, please edit the "web.config" file (using Visual Studio or your favourite text editor), scroll to the bottom, add the connection string for your database in the key named "umbracoDbDSN" and save the file.

Click the retry button when done.
    More information on editing web.config here.
    -----

I don't now how resolve this problem.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 00:15
    Paul Blair

If you have just copied over your solution with the new version this has likely wiped out your previous web.config.

To resolve:

- hopefully you have a backup before the upgrade

- copy back your old web.config file

- run the installer /install/default.aspx

if you don't have a backup then run the installer and re-enter your conenction details. And if you had made any updates (e.g. added packages) that would have affected the web.config you will need to fix these manually.

• Eric Boen 40 posts 64 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 04:19
    Eric Boen

Hmm. I'm having the same issue on both my local box and some 4.5 instances out on a test server....all running against MySQL dbs.  I left my original web.configs but Umbraco is unable to find the database. I'm using the .NET 3.5 4.5.1 download.

Not sure what is going on.

Jul 27, 2010 @ 10:25
    Tomasz Liptak

I've copied only /bin /install /umbraco /umbraco_client. I did not replaced my old web.config

Jul 27, 2010 @ 10:36
    Tomasz Liptak

Wen i manually changed <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.5.0" /> to 4.5.1 it works fine but i don't now if upgrade is completed successfully. It is somewhere manual upgrade guide?

Jul 27, 2010 @ 17:54
    Eric Boen

Yes...I did the same.  Hopefully there are no db changes because those would be missed using this approach.

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 12:50
    Jamie Howarth

Issue logged on Codeplex. I'll see if I can submit a patch for it.

Edit: Patch number 6453. Turns out MySqlInstaller.cs hadn't been updated to specify Version4_1 as it's schema, was still running Version4. As a result, CurrentVersion = Version4_1, VersionToInstall = Version4. Subsequently CanUpgrade = false, IsEmpty = false so it can't upgrade and can't install a blank DB, hence, fail and error. Patch tested to work on Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS7.5 Integrated mode, .NET 3.5, have upgraded my sites with this today.

Benjamin

Aug 30, 2010 @ 00:42
    Paul Blair

Ben,

I'm now getting this error when upgrading from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2. Could it be the same problem?

Aug 30, 2010 @ 01:43
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Paul, it's more than likely. Only way round it is to run the DB update script manually and change your version number to 4.5.2 in the web.config.

Best,

Benjamin

Aug 30, 2010 @ 02:11
    Paul Blair

Thanks for that - where do I find the update script?

Aug 30, 2010 @ 05:52
    Eric Boen

Diddo that....I can't find the update script either.  Still looks like a bug in the 4.5.2 for both .NET 4 version and .Net 3.5 version for MySQL.

Thanks

Eric

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 08:26
    Fredrik Esseen

I think Umbraco is the best Open Source project in the world and this forum is without a doubt the most friendly and active foum on the web and the developers around Umbraco is fantastic. BUT, and I must add a but to that sentence; when it comes to new versions of Umbraco theres always problems with MySQL.
    For us with no other option than MySQL this is quite frustrating.

I dont know if I am the only one with problem upgrading to 4.5 from 4.x when it comes to the media section for example. The recycle bin was not implemented in the database which caused the tree to crash. This bug occured in the 4.5, 4.5.1 and the 4.5.2.

How big is this problem? Can this release be considered fully stable when its not possible to upgrade an existring MySql installation? Would be interesting to know how many installations is running on MySQL.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 10:21
    Dirk De Grave

Have you reported this on Codeplex as well! It can be frustrating, I agree, but making sure to report this on Codeplex makes the core team aware of the issue...

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 10:33
    Fredrik Esseen

Yes. I reported this here.

And after that there is an issue here reported by ben_a that is more detailed.

Aug 30, 2010 @ 11:03
    Jamie Howarth

Hi guys,

The dabatase upgrade script is here for upgrade from 4.0.x to 4.5.x.

Re stability, I submitted a patch for the problem, but from the information on Codeplex it's not in the 4.5.2 release.

Best,

Benjamin

Sep 01, 2010 @ 06:29
    Eric Boen

That script is giving me an errorDuplicate entry '-21' for key 'PRIMARY'

@froad...I agree.  I started using vistadb as it was easy to implement and backup, vistadb now a gonner.  Some of the hosts I work with make restoring MS SQL a pain and we all know that MySQL is easy so ongoing support for MySQL would be great.

Thanks

Eric

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft